The Maldives is synonymous with scenic natural settings and luxurious accommodations. While the spectacular water villas, beaches, and lagoons might seem more alluring to you, the islands have much more to explore. Go off the beaten track by booking Maldives local tour packages and get a great insight into the daily life and culture of Maldivians. Here’s a quick look at what you can expect in the Maldives’ local sightseeing trip in the Male atoll.
The airport is situated on the south edge of Male atoll, with Malé city and Huhumale city on either side. GT Holidays can customize a great Maldives local tour itinerary for you to discover the local lifestyle and culture of Maldivians living in the two cities.
Take a break from your beach lounging and water sports to visit the city of Malé and get a taste of urban life. With our Maldives sightseeing packages, you will see the city’s local markets and other important and famous sites.
- Some of the most famous monuments for you to visit are Old Friday Mosque, Stingray point, Victory monument, and Male Square. The Museum will help you discover the history and city life in the Maldives. You can head to the local fish market to see the variety of fresh catches that day and later visit Stingray point, where you can feed tuna to the stingrays.
- You can also take the opportunity to feast on some delicious local foods from the streets or the fancy little restaurants. Enjoy the cool ocean breeze at the public beach as you watch the surfers at the surfing point. If you wish to experience the fantastic nightlife of the Islands, then you must explore the liveliest nightclubs and pubs around the city.
- As part of the Maldives honeymoon packages, GT Holidays will also suggest getting an outdoor cinema experience by the seaside with your partner. You will sit together in a comfortable and cozy setup to watch exciting movies on the big screen under the starry night. Spend some time on a shopping spree on Souvenir Street to take some memorabilia home for yourself and your loved ones.
Hulhumale city is an artificial, flood-resistant island that has retained its natural charm despite being a great blend of urban and island life.
- Our agents can customise your Maldives trip package to allow you to visit the open beaches. You can spend some time walking amidst the lush green planted trees along the beaches with golden-white sand and azure blue waters. You will find that the beach is lined with local cafes and restaurants where families, friends, and couples can be seen chatting and watching the sunset.
- As part of the Maldives local tour packages, you should head to Hulhumale harbour to experience the breathtaking sunsets as the sky changes colours while the sun sets over the waters.
- Right in the center of the city lies the Hulhumale island central park, where locals visit to catch up with their friends amidst the serenity and peace of the garden around the vast pond. The garden also has jogging, cycling, and walking tracks for you and your family to enjoy.
- You can visit the famous golden-domed Hulhumalé mosque near Central Park and peek at the local fresh produce in the fruit and vegetable market.
Though for Maldivians, Hulhumale city seems like a bustling city, you may find its way of life a bit slow-paced and relaxed. If you have a day to spare in your Maldives tour packages from Chennai, then Hulhumale is the perfect place to explore before your flight departs.
Get ready to plan a trip to Male or book one of our customizable Maldives tour packages for a smooth and convenient tour to explore the island. Follow our Instagram profile to know about the latest offers and discounts.